Organization also involves developing routines when it comes to cleaning out clutter, closets, and drawers as well as cleaning your home. You are better off to have a schedule or some sort of date in mind when it comes to cleaning or your work will never be done. If you get into a habit of cleaning and organizing on a regular basis, your home will not only look cleaner, but you will feel more relaxed.
My mother still has the same routine when it comes to cleaning that she has used since she first got married. She dusts on a certain day, cleans the bathrooms on a certain day, cleans the kitchen on a certain day, etc. This is the way that things were usually done years ago when women had more time to devote to their homes.
Today, not only do we see that most women do not have the same amount of time with regard to housework, but we also see men pitching in to help as well. Whether you are cleaning by yourself or with a partner, you should develop a routine as to when you do your cleaning. You can take one job a day to make it easier, or you can clean your entire house from top to bottom in one day. I use the one day routine with Saturday being cleaning day.
Because I have a small home, I can get my entire house cleaned to the point where it looks pretty presentable within two to three hours. I start by sweeping the floor of the kitchen, emptying things out of the refrigerator before they become science experiments, cleaning the counters, sink and wiping down the cabinets. Then I take the mop out and clean the floor. The entire room can be done in a half an hour.
After that, I go to the living room, straighten the slipcovers, dust and vacuum. This is another project that only takes about a half hour. I attach a long extension cord to the vacuum so that I can get the hallway and my bedroom as well. I dust the bedroom and then head off for the two bathrooms.
No comments:
Post a Comment